Thursday, March 28, 2019

CEDAR KEY * Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand

I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
Life is good today, life is good today!!!!!!

That's some of the Lyrics from "TOES" the Zac Brown Band. He must of wrote that song here because it is so True! This place is SO laid back we may come back here to live. Great People, Great seafood, Great Views!

Geni and I have been in Cedar Key for almost a month now and we have been busy hiking a few trails, visited a 1853 lighthouse that is only open to the public 4 times a year, joined the local Eagles club, entertained a good friend from Ohio, ate some awesome seafood and just kind of decompressed from our camp hosting position in Crooked River State park.
LIGHTHOUSE LINK: http://lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=595

One outstanding hike we have taken here was the "SHELL MOUND HIKE"
LINK: http://levyliving.com/indians-ghosts-and-recreation-at-shell-mound/ 
A Thousand years before Spain arrived, Florida was occupied by many Native American tribes. Fish and Game was abundant and the climate was mild, and so was the oysters! The Native Americans would eat the Oysters and then pile then in a mound after. This mound took hundreds of years to complete and has over one BILLION SHELLS!

                                                                                         
1/2 mile Shell mound hike

That's a LOT of SHELLS!


Hog Island is a ancient burial site

Awesome fishing pier
 And then their is the World Famous Tiki Bar right on the Gulf! People come from all over to view THE BEST SUNSET in the WORLD here! Time travel back to the 60's here!
World Famous Tiki Hut Bar


"A COLD BEER in my HAND"
"A COLD BEER in my HAND" with our friends Kim & Kurt


Entrance to the Tiki Hut

"A COLD BEER in my HAND"  with my friend JACK


Back side Tiki Bar

The sweetest clams in the world are here!
World famous SUNSET!


Everyone gathers at SUNSET
Grouper fingers WOW!

Famous Shrimp Pie at Dunn's


Live Music at the Eagles

Fresh Grouper and Shrimp

Fresher Grouper and Shrimp!
Local seafood market

"CHOW"

6 comments:

  1. What a life. Must be nice. Maybe some day if I get an early parole I can join you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jon, The sooner the better my friend! If you are coming down to Florida this Summer you must stop here!
      The Dockside motel sits right on the water 352*543*5432

      Delete
  2. So happy you are enjoying Cedar Key life! We hiked the 'Shell Mound Trail', too. There is no end to great seafood in Cedar Key! We have often said that if and when we settle down again it would have to be Cedar Key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clark, Geni and I just love it! I agree, its such a beautiful place so laid back! You did say this is your favorite place in the World, I can see why! Thanks for turning us on to it!

      Delete
  3. Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand - one of the best movitational phrases I've ever read. Time to get up and get some cold beer, ha-ha :)
    OMG.BET

    ReplyDelete