Thursday, April 11, 2019

CEDAR KEY * "Time in a Bottle"

"TIME IN A BOTTLE" by Jim Croce 1972
That's kinda what this blog is, just memories put down on paper that you can go back to, to see where you have been and what you have done. Somebody 50 years from now can look at these photos and words and compare where they are.

Time in a Bottle is also all about Cedar Keys, Geni and I have been many places but none like this place. It feels like a time warp here, like it was in the 1960's in America. Between a tropical Island and a small town in Pa. with palm trees!

I could set here for a year and watch the sunset and sunrise and each one would be different.

To my Lovely Wife:

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you
If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you
But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with
Jim Croce 1972
 
                                                                                                                        







Art Festival in town 
Main Street Art Fest

Smoky in the house!

Paint by number?

Dock Street in the AM


Winder Down


White Ibis

Snake Key where 1859 Lighthouse is located, you have to take a hour boat ride to get there

1859 Lighthouse only open to public 4 times a year!



Great Egret hanging out at the Eagles club




Car show at the VFW

I won the grill at a raffle at the VFW and donated to the Eagles

1 comment:

  1. I just love that you love Cedar Key for the same reasons we do. It is a truly unique place in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete