Friday, April 13, 2018

STANDING ON THE CORNER OF WINSLOW ARIZONA

Well its been almost three weeks since we left our lovely sunny and warm home in Parker Arizona. We been to so many places since then its been hard to put them in order! We have been staying at small places without wifi that I have not been able to update our blog.

The last few years before I retired I had a put together a mental bucket list of some places and things I wanted to do. The first was working in Yellowstone National Park We lived in Idaho from 1980 to 1994 and visited Yellowstone many times a year when our son was growing up. Since the first time I visited that park in the early 80's I wanted to work there. I did check that one off last year when Geni and I spent the whole summer working and living in Yellowstone, it was a dream come true for me!

The second thing I wanted to do was stand on the corner of Winslow Arizona on Route 66, as the Eagles song goes "TAKE IT EASY"  https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eagles/takeiteasy.html
and I did just that and it was great! There was a awesome bar and grill across the street with killer hamburgers!                                    

                                                                     


Winslow was donated two original beams from the twin towers for their assistance


 A girl in a flat bed ford looking my way!
 The next town on Route 66 heading east is Holbrook Arizona. These are the original Teepee motels still standing https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/route66/wigwam_village_hotel6_holbrook.html


                                                        

                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment